Hey Guys! I feel like I haven’t done a tag in a while so thank you to one of my besties, Shannon, over at Books That Love You Back for nominating me for this award. Without further ado, let’s get on with the tag!
- Thank and link the blogger. (check)
- Answer the seven questions your nominator provided.
- Nominate seven other bloggers.
- Create seven questions for your nominees to answer.
1. What is your favourite word?
This is such a hard question to answer. I love all words (alright, most words..) they’re like my children, how could I pick a favourite child? Saying that, I’m not going to cop out of answering the question so I’d say my favourite word right now is ethereal. I just like the way it sounds and the mental images it inspires, it’s one of those words that soothe your brain, y’know? (or maybe I’m just a weirdo who loves words too much).
2. If you could go on holiday anywhere on earth or somewhere in space where would you choose?
I would without a doubt choose to go to New York City and guess what?? I’M GOING! My mum, sister and I are going to NYC in March for my mum’s 50th birthday and I could not be more excited. New York here I come!!
3. What is your favourite type of cake?
My first answer was chocolate fudge cake but then I remembered butterfly cakes exist.. However, my final answer is neither of those. I think my favourite type of cake would have to be toffee cake (specifically J.G.Ross Bakery’s toffee cake, but I’m not that fussy).
4. Tea or Coffee? Explain your choice.
For three reasons;
1) I’m British so it’s in my blood.
2) I can’t drink coffee without firstly, adding a heck of a lot of syrup and secondly, having a heart attack.
3) It tastes like heaven.
5. What is the last film you saw in the cinema and did you enjoy it?
The last film I went to see was The Lady in the Van with my dear friend and nominator, Shannon. Admittedly, we only went to see this film because Maggie Smith is in it and that woman is a legend. However, we both ended up actually enjoying the film – not just because of Maggie’s amazing acting. (Okay, maybe a little because of Maggie but come on.. she’s brilliant.)
6. Do you write in your books?
I don’t usually write in novels but I have been known to highlight and fold over page corners of biographies and poetry books. Recently, I purchased both of Erin Hanson’s poetry books and each and every poem has at least one verse highlighted.. she’s just that good. One of my favourite poems of hers is entitled Fly and it reads as follows;
“There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask, “What if I fall?”
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?“
If you’d like to read more of her poetry (and why wouldn’t you?) you can find her at thepoeticunderground.
7. What do you love most in the world besides your friends and family?
I think the answer to this is fairly obvious.. I love to get lost in fictional worlds created by talented writers and I love to pretend that I too could create a safe place for others to lose themselves in my words.
And that’s 7! Thanks Shannon for the questions and nomiation.
I’d like to nominate:
Lisa at journeythroughlife15
Parneet at The Enchanted Book
Kendra at Student All Day, Reader All Night
Bianca at The Ultimate Fangirl
and last but by no means least,
Audrey at Forwards and Bookwords
and anyone reading this who would like to take a shot at this tag! (no pressure though).
My 7 Questions for You.
1. Which fictional character do you most relate to and why?
2. What’s your favourite quote?
3. Do you prefer sweet or savoury food?
4. What’s your biggest aspiration in life?
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, would you? What would you change?
6. Do you have a happy place? If so, where is it?
7. Do you have a book that’s like an old cosy blanket that you reread for comfort and familiarity? If so, what is it?
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and finding out a little bit more about me
(as if my deeply personal, TMI stories didn’t tell you enough).
I’ll see you soon,